The GPAT-2011 question paper will consist of one hundred and fifty (150 No.) multiple choice
objective questions only. Candidates have to mark the correct choice by darkening
the appropriate bubble against each question on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS).
Each right answer will carry one mark while for each wrong answer 1/3 (one third)
negative marks will be deducted.
Each question will have four choices for the answer. Out of these, only one choice
is correct. Each choice contains a single, stand-alone statement/phrase/data/structure.
The type of questions asked in this examination would be to evaluate a candidate’s
aptitude and subject knowledge of Pharmacy field which may involve basic principles,
facts, formulae/laws, understanding of the fundamental ideas, and application or
drawing observations of the fundamentals of pharmacy discipline. Some examples of
the multiple choice objective questions are given below:
1.Cell walls of Gram positive bacteria contains :
- a. Only polypeptides:
- b. Only polysaccharides:
- c. Peptidoglycans consisting of NAM-NAG and D-alanine:
- d. Mycolic acid and peptidoglycan:
2. Gradient elution in HPLC involves :
- a. Using columns of normal phase and reverse phase alternatively
- b. Changing the composition of mobile phase
- c. Slow running of the mobile phase
- d. Injecting the samples one after the other
NEGATIVE MARKING : There is a one-third (1/3) negative marking for each wrong answer.To learn more about paper pattern